My Planta app is crashing (iOS)
If your Planta app starts crashing (closing down without notice) you should first follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Go to iPhone Settings and tap your profile (your name in the top).
- Tap iCloud
- Tap Manage Storage. On this screen, you will see your current iCloud storage available.
- Select Backups from the list. You will see all devices that are currently using the iCloud backup storage.
- Choose the current iPhone you are using. Hint: It will say "This iPhone."
- You will see a small list of apps under Choose Data to Back Up (It make take some time for it to load, just wait). Tap Show All Apps.
- Find the Planta app in the list and slide the white dot to the left so that the color changes from green to white.
- A window will pop up that asks "Do you want to turn off Planta backups and delete the backup data from iCloud?" Tap Turn Off & Delete.
- Go back to iPhone Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Scroll down to the list of apps and tap Planta
- Next, tap Delete App. Tap Delete App again to confirm.
- Now your Planta app will be permanently deleted on your iPhone (and other iOS devices)
- Restart your phone
- Now go to the App Store and reinstall Planta
- Login with your email and password
If you still have issues with the app crashing after these steps you should contact our support from within the app and we'll investigate.